Published: 15 February 2018
The final version of the Dr. Maria Carlota Dao's and Prof Karine Clement's article "Gut microbiota and obesity: Concepts relevant to clinical care" is now available online, containing full bibliographic details.
The article is accessible free of charge until April 05, 2018 ScienceDirect by clicking on the link below:
- There is a complex relationship between gut microbiota and obesity.
- A causal relationship has been shown in rodents but not in humans.
- Gut microbiota composition, function and metabolite output should be considered.
- Different approaches to treat metabolic disease lead to changes in gut microbiota.
- Modulation of the gut microbiota has potential in clinical care.